The last several months have seen much despair, grief, and heaviness; both in the world, and our own personal lives. The second half of 2015 was one of the most difficult times that I have experienced.
Thankfully, I have been feeling a shift in the energy over the past several weeks. I am seeing less chaos and instead more opportunities for growth and forward movement. The harshness of the end of 2015 and beginning of 2016 has lifted and the dust has settled.
The question is – where are we now? More importantly, who are we now? I do not believe that we could have endured these last few months and not been changed by them.
When faced with challenge in times of change, clients always ask the same thing – how can I be sure that it will work out? It is often much easier to hold onto the pain we know than risk upsetting things in search of a pleasure we haven’t yet experienced.
In my own personal life, I have been faced with the reality that relationships and situations that used to work are now causing stress and turmoil in my life. The gift (I use that word cautiously) of the last few months has been in showing me what I don’t want.
Now, on the other side of “mess” that has been the last several months (family tragedy, personal injury, changing relationships), I get to choose how I want to move forward.
An Opportunity for Change
During times of intense change and turmoil, everything becomes amplified. Not only are we thrown into the stress and trauma of the situation at hand, we also become hyper-aware of all of the “little things” that weigh on us.
Being able to see past the pain to the opportunity for change gives us the power to re-create our life from a stronger perspective, one that is more in line with our personal values, goals, and desires.
Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, we can rise again with a new vision for our life. In order to maintain our flight, however, we must be willing to let go of the habits, people, and situations that we have identified as toxic to our chosen new way of being.
This may include having difficult conversations, forgiving those who have hurt us, and distancing ourselves from relationships that are draining and destructive.
By letting go of the things that keep us feeling dark and trapped, we create more space for the things that nourish us; more time for family and friends, recommitting to our diet and exercise routines, and setting aside for daily self-care.
My advice? Take the leap. If you are truly seeking to find peace in your life and to show up more fully for those you love, it will happen. When we can shift from sacrificing ourselves to maintain the “status quo” to surrendering to who we are and who we want to be, the entire universe sets out to help us.
It’s safe to let go of the past hurt and surrender to the possibilities that await you.
You got this.
Tips and Tools for Supporting Transformation
- Drink plenty of fresh water to help flush out toxins and keep your cells optimally hydrated.
- Take sea salt or epsom salt baths.
- Wear or carry healing crystals: Amethyst (healing and soothing), Lapis Lazuli (wisdom and good judgement), Kyanite (repairing relationships), Rose Quartz (nurturing and unconditional love) and Black Tourmaline (grounding and protective) are excellent stones for support during this time.
- Seek out counselling therapy for help dealing with grief, trauma, or toxic relationships.
- Dance, sing, write, or paint your feelings and goals, dreams, and wishes.
- Try an Angel Therapy session to help release old, stuck energy.
- Work with Flower Essence Remedies: Archangel Raziel Essence Release the past / Akashic Records), Archangel Michael Essence (Truth, Purpose, Protection), Golden Light Essence (Surrender and Strength), and Mother Mary Essence (Nuturing, Compassion) are some good ones to work with in the present energies.
- Detoxify your energy system with a Chakra Cleansing Meditation.
- Breathe. Trust. Surrender.
Four Rules for Life: Show up. Pay attention. Tell the truth. Don’t be attached to the results.” ~ Angeles Arrien
If you are looking for guidance and support through these changing times and would like to work with me, please contact me. Private sessions are available in-person or via phone or skype.