The days are getting shorter, the weather is getting colder, and many people are concerned with staying healthy this winter. Here are some great tips to help keep your immune system strong this winter:
- Wash your hands frequently, especially after coming into contact with other people and before eating, and avoid touching your face unless your hands are clean.
- Get adequate sleep – your body heals and repairs itself during sleep.
- Drink plenty of warm fluids, such as soups and teas. This will help to detach viruses and bacteria from the throat into the stomach where they can be dealt with.
- Support your digestion with a good quality digestive enzyme – 65-75% of your immune system is located in the gut! A healthy digestive tract is one of the major lines of defense against invading pathogens.
- Take a good quality probiotic – good bacteria in the intestinal tract plays a major role in our immunity.
- Eat fresh, organic, nutrient rich foods including fruits and vegetables, grains, and legumes.
- Kelp powder provides a number of essential trace minerals that can support the thyroid and alkalize the body, promoting overall healthand wellbeing
- Supplement with quality vitamin C and vitamin D. I recommend purchasing from a qualified health practitioner. Grocery store and drug store brands are often full of fillers and binders and not of good quality.
- Exercise daily – exercise enhances circulation through the body, thus allowing more oxygen and nutrients to be brought to the cells where they are needed.
- Nurture and nourish yourself – make time to rest, relax, and allow your body to replenish itself.
Above all else, DON’T PANIC! Stress and fear deplete both the adrenal glands and the immune system, making you more likely to become sick. Maintaining a positive attitude and taking time every day to nourish and nurture yourself will help to support these vital organs.
Meditate, practice mindful breathing, and enjoy some quiet time each day to keep your mind and spirit strong and clear. If you are new to meditation or prefer guided journeys, try our Chakra Cleansing Meditation to clear and revitalize your energy centers.
Earth Angel Essences that help keep your energy strong and clear:
- Archangel Raphael Essence
- Archangel Michael Essence
- Freedom Essence
- Golden Light Essence
- Fairy Party Essence
Looking for some hands on help? Book a Nutritional Consulting Session.